Managing Director, US
We are Harmony, an international wellness company using the power of nature to bring more Harmony to people’s lives. Since 2014 we have grown from an idea to a profitable business, and we are just getting started. Harmony is a team of remarkable people from all over the world, counting almost 40 people and more than 13 nationalities. Our HQ is based in Barcelona, and we also have offices in Paris, London, and Lima.
Harmony is looking for a Managing Director (US) to set up, develop and grow Harmony in North America. We are the leading CBD brand in Europe and we aim to become a global leader in cannabis wellness. Our company already won awards in the US and we have a lot of interests from potential distributors. We are looking for a seasoned sales and operations executive to build and manage the logistics operations, hire and grow the operations team and close large multimillion dollar deals to establish Harmony as a leading brand in the market. This position is open to location anywhere in the United States and reports directly to our Founder & CEO.
The role will suit a company builder, someone comfortable operating in a fast pace environment, that enjoys building process, scaling a team and laying down the foundations to build a high-performing and successful business operation.
This position will have three core objectives in the first phase of the role:
- Set up and manage manufacturing and logistics operations with suppliers
- Prospecting customers and closing deals
- Build and grow a high-performing team across logistics, operations, sales and marketing
What you'll spend most of your time on:
- Develop our US expansion strategy - the market potential is enormous, you’ll be tasked with developing a multi-channel sales strategy that optimises for growth, profitability and brand activation
- Lead business development - you will be prospecting clients, building up a database across all key customer segments and forging strong partnerships with key industry players. Importantly, this is a revenue carrying role and you will be expected to close deals within your first 3 to 6 months
- Set up our US office & operations - this will involve everything from managing lawyers, setting up third-party manufacturing & logistics operations to signing the lease on our first office
- Recruit & grow the team - build a team around you of experts in sales, marketing, operations & logistics
- Become an expert - you’ll become an expert in CBD products and intimately understand our customers and their needs to stay ahead of market trends. This will involve acting as our representative in the media and build relationships with trade associations and industry leaders.
- Trade shows - attend key events to meet with and close potential customers, build up an events calendar and make sure we are well represented at industry gatherings
- High-growth scaleup experience - you’ve experienced first hand the entrepreneurial journey and know what it takes to build a global business
- B2B sales / business development expertise - expert level B2B sales and marketing experience for FMCG products
- Team management / leadership - you’ve built & lead teams of 50+ and have an indepth understanding of HR, ecommerce, marketing, supply chain operations, customer service and finance
- Territory & market development - you know how to thoroughly research and penetrate new markets by developing new & existing product lines to meet market demand
- Revenue growth - you’ve owned P+L for $20M+/yr businesses
- Communication - first class communication is a given, it’s necessary you can create error-free prose, informative data-based presentations and succinctly communicate Harmony’s vision. You can write a thought leadership piece with relative ease.
A bonus if you have any of the following:
- Sales or marketing experience in an FMCG environment
- Founded, built & sold a company
We are further developing our benefits package but some highlights include:
- Equipment setup (laptop, second screen)
- Regular team events (in the past we've been snowboarding and rafting and have some awesome trips planned!)
- We promise a welcoming and supportive working environment, it's fast-paced, you'll be challenged but it will be incredibly rewarding
- Along with a salary that we hope will keep you happy, you will receive stock options that allow you to share in the long term success of the company
We believe in a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment. We are excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their colour, gender, sexual orientation, religion. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to expand Harmony worldwide. If you'd like to learn more about us, please check out our Youtube and Instagram.
How to Apply
We ask everyone to fill out a short questionnaire so we can get to know you better, we find this helps a tremendous amount in the interview process to find out if we will work well together, as we read every answer!
Thank you so much for your interest in working with us here at Harmony.